How does Virtual Trivia Work?
Invite players to your Zoom, Teams, or Webex call. Socialpoint works with any virtual conference software.
Access the game via web link
Players open the web link to play on their phone, ipad or any device.
Share Your Screen
Share your screen to show questions, answers and live standings on the leaderboard.
Play the game. Everyone has a blast! Hopefully, the “Good Guys” win!
You don’t have to be an expert to set up and run a virtual trivia game with SocialPoint.
- AutoPlay. With the push of a button, you can start, stop and pause your game anytime. It’s that simple!
- Live Leaderboard. Stop tallying points by hand. The Socialpoint leaderboard updates in real-time you always know who is winning.
- Interactive Player App. Players answer questions via a web-based link. The player app will update the player’s score and help them follow along in the game.
Take the work out of planning a virtual trivia night. Choose a ready-to-play trivia game. You will be ready to rock and roll in minutes!
Here are our most recent games:
- Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?
- Guess Who!
- Name that Movie
- Finish the Lyric
- Just My Luck!
- Women’s History Trivia
- Black History Trivia
“We used SocialPoint live trivia as a networking event for a virtual conference we hosted (which until 2020, had always been an in-person event). Our trivia event went so well! No one had an issue joining the platform and the questions gave our participants a lot of great prompts to interact. It was wonderful. I know we’ll continue to use it until our month is up, and might even renew for a month here and there for internal team fun times! It was so easy and perfect for our social networking activities for the conference!”
Build Your Own Game
Create a branded trivia game from scratch, or use our templates and trivia question sets to create the perfect game.
Use these tools to get your game ready quickly:
- Use our Theme selector to find the perfect graphics and colors for your game. Then, add your logo.
- Pick a ready-to-play trivia question set from a database of over 1,000 trivia questions, or create your own.
- Use our templates to build your game theme and question sets.
- 15 Minute Rehearsal: Is this your first time hosting a virtual trivia game? Take advantage of our 15-minute rehearsal to gain confidence and ask questions.
- Live Chat: We provide live chat support between 9 AM and 6 PM EST. Ask your questions and get answers from our team.
- How-to-Guides: Review our how-to-guides and prerecorded videos to set up your game and get ready to be a fantastic host!
Virtual Trivia Night Package
You want to create a super-fun virtual trivia night. We are here to help you with easy-to-use software, pre-packaged trivia content (themes + questions) and support from our onboarding specialists.
Here are the key features of our Virtual Trivia Night package:
- Use of SocialPoint trivia game software platform for one month.
- Play as many times as you want.
- Pick a ready-to-go game (theme + questions) or make your own.
- Change game themes and questions anytime.
- Schedule 15-minute rehearsal with an onboarding specialist.
- Get additional support through online guides and live chat.
Note: X Players = Maximum number of players for each gameplay.
Do you need to manage multiple games and multiple users?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you provide a host?
SocialPoint does not provide hosts.
In our experience, someone in your organization wants to be asked to be the host.
Ask them and save your money. It’s going to be a great event!
Can I use SocialPoint for one night?
You get the software for 30 days and can use it as much as you want during that time. Some people use it to practice/rehearse and get ready, while others run multiple games. It’s your choice.
How long does it take to get set up?
After you order, you will get an onboarding form. Fill that out immediately and we will set up your game on the same business day. (Monday – Friday)
Does SocialPoint come with a leaderboard?
You are are welcome to use our leaderboard templates for 5,10 or 20 players or you can create your own. We provide you with Adobe Illustrator files that make the process really easy.
What kind of support do you offer?
You will have the following support from us:
- Online help guides and videos
- Live Chat (M-F 9AM – 6pm EST)
- 15 Minute rehearsal meeting
Does SocialPoint work with Zoom and MS Teams?
Our customers use SocialPoint with the following video conference platforms:
- MS Teams
- numerous Virtual Event platforms
Does SocialPoint provide trivia questions?
es, we have 1000 trivia questions that you are welcome to use from the following categories:
- Pop Culture
- Arts and History
- Smarter than a 5th grader
- Black History Month
Can I provide my own trivia questions?
Yes, you can!
We will give you a spreadsheet where you can upload your trivia questions or you can add them one-by-one. And, yes you can mix your questions with ours, if you want.
What type of questions can I create?
With SocialPoint trivia, you can create multiple-choice questions (2,3 or 4 choices) or true-false questions. Questions can include an image.
Can I use my own custom branding?
You are able to configure the following elements:
- Question Screen
- Question Results
- Player App
You can personalize the game with your colors, logos and fonts. Or, you can go next level and use our Adobe Illustrator graphic files for rich branding. If you send our AI files to your graphic designer – they will be able to drop in your brand assets and get them looking just right for your game in a few minutes.
Can I embed the game into my virtual platform or website?
There are two ways you can do it:
- iframe SocialPoint into your website or virtual event platform.
- Use our Auto-Login feature to automatically pass the credentials of a player.
Can I organize a team game?
Yes. SocialPoint supports team games. Learn More about Team Games