Social Media Walls are big digital monitors that show a constantly-updated stream of filtered social media activity about an event. They were originally invented for special events, to give attendees a way to see the pulse of the event, keep up to date with what’s going on, and visualize the event’s energy.
Other benefits of Social Media Walls at events include:
- Recognize and honor the most active and interesting event participants
- Incentivize more social shares to help promote the event, both on and offsite
- Promote more learning and networking
- Enhance the modern image of the event and its host (be it an association, media company, or corporation)
- Provide instant analytics about the size and changes of social shares about an event, especially during important moments such as keynote speeches
Social Media Walls are now being used by more and more trade show exhibitors, because they bring some of those same benefits, but also many new benefits to the individual exhibitor: